jueves, 28 de junio de 2012

NEW THINGS: Fresh Pasta

This is not the typicall thing I make, but I find it intriguing to learn how to make pasta. I have now the machine to make spaguetti and tagliatelle and a machine to make raviolis. The idea Paco and I had was to learn how to make glutten free raviolis. Has anyone ever made some?

RECIPE




Ingredients: (1/2 kg)


350 gr all purpose flour
- 2 eggs

I never thought it would be so hard to make the dough! Its really hard and difficult to handle (it was too dry).

To make the dough put the flour on a bowl and make a hole in the middle of it. Crack the eggs and drop in the hole.


Mix this ingredients until an even dough is formed. You'll need to use your hands after a few minutes, it's very dry...


Now let it rest for a little while and start preparing the machine, or the rolling pin if it is the case! I personally divided the dough in many parts because it was hard to handle. After a few tries, you find that you need to add about half a cup of water to the dough in order to make it manageable.

My machine in particular, has different levels of dough thikness, from 6 to 1 (thik to thin). I started using each of the levels to get to 1. The best way is to alternate 6-4-2 using each of the levels twice (in my opinion this is of course). Level 1 es too thin, so I stayed in 2.


What you see in the picture is what you get, not the perfect even pieces you see in the machine's box... I cut the sides to make it even and proceeded to make the tagliatelle. It took a long time, but don't you think it looks great?


After making the pasta you need to leave it to dry for a while (I left it for the night and cooked them for lunch the next day)

Now, what do you do when you feel like pasta, but there is nothing to eat it with at home? My favourite recipe for that is chilli olive oil with parmesan cheese. This pasta is done in 3-4 minutes and tastes fantastic, way better than bought pasta!


Once the pasta is ready add some salt, the chilli olive oil (depending on how sensitive you are to spicy food) and sprinkle the parmesan cheese on top. Like I have said before, if my mother says I have to do it again, it means its better than usual! If you need a food critic, she is the best at that....!


I leave you with this for now! Back to my exams!

Enjoy!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario