viernes, 6 de julio de 2012

TWD: Hazelnut Biscotti

I'm not very keen on this, they do taste good, but I find them too sweet! Isn't that weird? I define myself as a "sugaraddict" so for me it kind of is... Must be the exams and the heat! 


Hazelnut is one of the things that for me allways matches with chocolate, so here is my idea! The only thing is right now in Madrid, there is no way you can leave anything out of the fridge and expect it to cool down... I think it looks great and it makes it look inviting!


Problems I confronted with this recipe are the dough and the sweetness as I said before. The dough was very sticky and kind of hard to shape for the first baking part so it ended up very stretched out and thin! I have to say at home they loved it, specially my Grandmother who was here for 2 months. 


I will try this again because its an easy thing to have at home for coffee or tea afternoons, but I will vary the nuts I use (peanuts and chocolate, almonds, pistachio or even raisins). Find the original recipe in Homemade and Wholesome and Baking and Boys!


Looking forward to the next Tuesday! Enjoy!!

4 comentarios:

  1. I have to agree this dough was pretty sticky! Your biscotti look perfect though! I'm sorry they were too sweet for you.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Even if you didn't enjoy them that much they do look great ;)

    ResponderEliminar
  3. They look lovely with the drizzle on top :-)

    ResponderEliminar
  4. I love the look of your biscotti. Maybe if mine were on the sweet side I would have liked them more. I found them rather bland.

    ResponderEliminar